We are carefully reopening the library building on Monday, June 15, 2020
We have missed you! We are now ready to carefully reopen our building with limited services, new hours, and safe social distancing protocols. Curbside pick-up service will continue for those who prefer contact free checkout of library materials.
What Can You Expect When You Visit Us? Things will look a bit different.
- More open space to allow for safe social distancing.
- Fewer desks and less seating in open areas.
- Please enter the library building ONLY through the southwest doors, by the community room.
- The main (previous) library entrance will be used for curbside pick-up service and will now be an EXIT ONLY.
- The Computer Lab has been arranged for safe social distancing.
- Additional self-checkout stations have been installed, if you wish to use them.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks or face shields, and we respectfully ask that our patrons do the same.
- If you do not have a face mask, we will provide one for you, free of charge.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and we encourage its frequent use.
- Please return library items in the outside book drops only so that they may be quarantined.
- Floors will be taped to show patrons where to wait for service. Please practice safe social distancing from others in line and from our staff.
- Restrooms will be open, but drinking fountains will be unavailable. Hand washing is always strongly encouraged!
We are phasing in library services and are not currently offering in-person programs here at the library. Toys, puzzles and study rooms are also unavailable. The Craft Room and Story Castle are currently closed. We will continue to offer a wide variety of virtual programs for all ages, and virtual program details will be posted on our website calendar and social media.
Work stations will be cleaned by staff between shifts, and the building will be deep cleaned nightly by our janitorial staff in accordance with our new cleaning and hygiene protocols.
Feel free to browse our stacks while practicing social distancing and wearing your face covering.
We respectfully ask everyone to keep your library visits as brief as possible, so that we may limit the number of people in the building.
If you are sick or symptomatic, we ask that you not visit the building until you are well. We are happy to continue to provide curbside pick-up and assistance over the phone.
Here’s how curbside service works:
1. Use the catalog at wwpl.lib.in.us or call 317-896-9391 during library hours posted below to place the items you want on hold.
2. You will receive your usual hold notification via phone call, text or email that your items are ready for pick-up.
3. Call 317-896-9391 when you are on your way to the library. Staff will place your items in a labeled bag on the table at the main entrance of the library.