If you have haven’t found what you are looking for in the Evergreen catalog, you may want to try searching SRCS, which stands for Statewide Remote Circulation Service.
SRCS, Indiana’s Statewide Remote Circulation Service, is Indiana’s latest and largest resource sharing tool. It links together the catalogs of over 150 Indiana libraries into a single interface containing over 30 million items all held by Indiana Libraries. Authorized users can search this combined catalog and request to have selected materials delivered to their home library using the InfoExpress courier, where they can check them out. SRCS is not a replacement for your library’s Inter-Library Loan system, rather it works with over 15 different ILS systems to provide this extended access and functionality.
To access the SRCS homepage, go to our “Find Materials” section on our website’s homepage and click on the SRCS link/logo. You will need to know your library card barcode and password to log in, search, and place a request through the SRCS system. Please stop in the library if you don’t know your barcode or password.
Mylibraryrewards is a reading incentive program that promotes literacy, learning, and community engagement between you, your local library, and businesses in your area.
Library patrons automatically earn points for each item that is checked out at their participating local library. Patrons can redeem the accumulated points to receive discounts and special offers from businesses in their community. Shop the marketplace to view the rewards near you!
The new Mylibraryrewards website has just been launched, with an updated design and easier to navigate marketplace. We invite you to take a look at www.mylibraryrewards.com.
The library is joining the eIndiana Digital Consortium for OverDrive. You will still have access to downloadable materials such as eBooks, audiobooks, magazines, and periodicals, as well as streaming video. However, the link you will use to access these materials will change. Beginning August 1, visit cidc.lib.overdrive.com to search for digital materials. Please contact us or visit the Information Desk if you need assistance.
AtoZdatabases is the premier reference, research, marketing, mailing lists/sales leads, and job-search database. The database includes 30 million business & executive profiles, over 220 million residents with interests, hobbies and lifestyles information, over 7 million real-time job listings, 2 million new businesses, over 12 million healthcare professionals, over 12 million new movers, 2 million new homeowners, and much more.
If you have questions or need assistance, please visit the Information Desk or contact us.
INSPIRE, Indiana’s Virtual Library, is a collection of academic databases and other information resources that can be accessed by Indiana residents using any computer equipped with an Internet Protocol (IP) address located in Indiana and a Web browser such as Firefox or Internet Explorer.
The Indiana State Library is pleased to announce new content for INSPIRE. Over 25 new databases were added to the INSPIRE collection and nearly all of the content from previous years was renewed. The multilingualism of the content has been greatly increased and a Level One access for Rosetta Stone for 30 different languages has been added!
Beginning July 5, library card holders may borrow a Pocket Wifi and get connected at home!
What is a Pocket WiFi?
- The Pocket WiFi device works with Sprint’s LTE Network to become a hub for your own WiFi network. Flip on a device and you’ll have instant access to wireless Internet for your laptop, smartphone, or other mobile device.
Why is the library lending Pocket WiFi Devices?
- Improving Internet access helps everyone. By borrowing devices, more library patrons will have 24/7 access to library resources plus job and education websites.
How do I borrow a Pocket WiFi Device?
- Ask the staff at the Information Desk to see if there is a Pocket WiFi Device available.
- To check availability or place a hold, search the Evergreen catalog for “Pocket WiFi” under Westfield Washington Public Library.
- If they are all checked out, you can request a hold on the next available.
- Please note that Parents/Legal Guardians are responsible for any Pocket WiFi Devices checked out to patrons under 18 years of age.
- Pocket WiFi Devices check out for 7 days and they may be renewed once if there is no wait list.
- There is a $2.00 per day overdue charge. On the 2nd day overdue, the device will be disabled.
- Replacement cost information is included in the carrying box.
- Please return Pocket WiFi Devices ONLY to Westfield Washington Public Library.
Will the device work in my home?
- You can use the Pocket WiFi device to get online anywhere using Sprint’s Nationwide service area.
- The signal does not go through walls of concrete or with metal in them, so avoid placing the hotspot next to them. The best signal will be in an open area or by a window.
This project is made possible by a grant from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services, administered by the Indiana State Library Services
The WWPL Board adopted the library’s new Strategic Plan and would like to thank the community members who took the time to attend a focus group meeting and/or complete the survey, giving us invaluable input used in developing this strategic plan. The 4 main goals we would like to achieve in the next 3 to 5 years are:
- An improved and continually maintained easy-to-use and up-to-date library
- Increased usage and knowledge of library services by the community as a whole
- Expanded and diversified funding for the library
- Focus on quality over quantity and continuous evaluation of all library services and content
Sheryl Sollars, Library Director, and the WWPL management team are working on a work plan that breaks the goals down into measurable and attainable
projects. We will continually review and update the community on the plan as we progress through the next 3-5 years.
Visit http://wwpl.driving-tests.org/ to get started with the Driver Education program.
The program contains the following state-specific information and is automatically updated as new practice tests become available:
– 10 car practice tests
– 6 motorcycle practice tests
– 3 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
– 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
– An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions
You can now browse and borrow digital magazines and newspapers all on the same website as your eBooks, audiobooks and streaming video. OverDrive has partnered with NOOK® by Barnes & Noble to make popular digital magazines and newspapers available for lending.
All you need is a valid library card, a NOOK® account, the free NOOK app (available for all major devices, including iPhone, iPad, Android and Windows 8) or a NOOK tablet.
Some of the new items you’ll find on OverDrive:
- Every Day with Rachel Ray
- Good Housekeeping
- National Geographic
- Reader’s Digest
- American Girl
- Taste of Home
- O, The Oprah Magazine
- The Wall Street Journal
- Men’s Health
…and many more!