What Can You Expect When You Visit Us? Things will look a bit different.
- More open space to allow for safe social distancing.
- Fewer desks and less seating in open areas.
- Please enter the library building ONLY through the southwest doors, by the community room.
- The main (previous) library entrance will be used for curbside pick-up service and will now be an EXIT ONLY.
- The Computer Lab has been arranged for safe social distancing.
- Additional self-checkout stations have been installed, if you wish to use them.
- Our staff will be wearing face masks or face shields, and we respectfully ask that our patrons do the same.
- If you do not have a face mask, we will provide one for you, free of charge.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the building and we encourage its frequent use.
- Please return library items in the outside book drops only so that they may be quarantined.
- Floors will be taped to show patrons where to wait for service. Please practice safe social distancing from others in line and from our staff.
- Restrooms will be open, but drinking fountains will be unavailable. Hand washing is always strongly encouraged!
Study rooms are available with a 2-hour time limit. Small rooms are limited to 1-2 people, and the large room is limited to 4 people. You may make a reservation for a study room yourself on our Events Calendar at least 24 hours in advance, or you may contact the Information Desk to reserve a room.
Feel free to browse our stacks while practicing social distancing and wearing your face covering.
If you are sick or symptomatic, we ask that you not visit the building until you are well. We are happy to continue to provide curbside pick-up and assistance over the phone.
After School Policy at the WWPL:
Westfield Washington Public Library would like to make you aware of our current policies for after school visitors:
· Face coverings are requested.
· Students will not be allowed to be at the library for long periods of time for activities such as team hang-outs or class group work due to lack of seating.
· The teen room itself has reduced seating due to physical distancing guidelines and chairs should not be moved from the marked spot.
· Sitting on the floor will not be allowed.
· Food and uncapped drinks are discouraged.
· The 2 teen study rooms are limited to only 2 people for an hour limit, with priority given to tutoring pairs.
Thank you for your help in keeping all of our staff & patrons safe!
Questions about our after school policy? Please contact the Teen Librarian, Lisa Williams at LWilliams@wwpl.lib.in.us
Here’s how curbside service works:
1. Use the catalog at wwpl.lib.in.us or call 317-896-9391 during library hours posted below to place the items you want on hold.
2. You will receive your usual hold notification via phone call, text or email that your items are ready for pick-up.
3. Call 317-896-9391 when you are on your way to the library. Staff will place your items in a labeled bag on the table at the main entrance of the library.