If you live in Hamilton County:
- You can use our library as long as you already have a card from your home library, thanks to an agreement between all 5 library systems in the county.
- You don’t have to get a new card when you visit any of the other libraries in Hamilton county, but you do need to take your home library card and ID with you so that you can be put into each library’s computer system. For more information, read the Reciprocal Borrower Rules and Regulations.
If you do not live in Hamilton County:
- The state of Indiana does have a card that allows you to use all of the public libraries in the state. It is called a Public Library Access Card (PLAC).
- You will need to first obtain a library card in your home district and then purchase a PLAC Card.
- The annual cost for 2017 is $65.00.
- The card expires one year from the date of application for the card.